A Master-level Victim Advocate can help any Crime Victim:
- Navigate the legal system
- Apply for Victim Compensation / Sexual Battery Relocation
- Provide crisis intervention & ongoing support
- Assist with injunctions for protection
- Monitor their case & ensure continuity of services
- Understand their rights as a victim of crime
Victim Service Center of Central Florida is the Certified Rape Crisis Center for Orange & Osceola Counties. Our Master-level Victim Advocates are available 24 hours a day via our Sexual Assault Hotline (407) 500-HEAL.
Our Master-level Victim Advocates can:
- Provide immediate emotional support
- Explore options and victims’ rights
- Provide education on common reactions following a sexual assault
- Develop a safety plan
- Accompany a sexual assault victim if they choose to have a forensic exam
- Assist with making a report to law enforcement
- Apply for Sexual Battery or Human Trafficking relocation
- Provide crisis intervention
Services are for victims age 12 and older. We offer services to victims of recent sexual assault, adult survivors of childhood sexual assault, incest, and services to family and friends impacted by sexual violence. Acute forensic cases are handled by certified Sexual Assault Nurse Examiners along with our Master-level Victim Advocates.
Our Licensed Clinical Therapists have trauma experience and training to assist primary and secondary victims through a wide variety of treatment options. We offer support groups and group therapy for men and women:
- Adult Survivors of Childhood Sexual Abuse (Evolve)
- Women’s Empowerment Workshops
- Men’s Group
- Survivors of Adult Sexual Assault (Thrive)
- Survivor Meet & Greet
- El Arte de Senar
We offer a variety of activities designed to provide information and identify victims of crime and sexual violence. We provide community based services with the goal of reaching out to potential victims of crime.
Contact us today to:
- Provide a presentation to your school, organization, or community group
- Provide brochures & materials about crime and sexual violence
Prevention Topics include: Stalking, Cyber Stalking, Date Rape Drugs, Crime & Crime Prevention, Safety Planning & Tips, Teen Dating Violence, Bullying, Identity Theft, Sensitivity Training on Sexual Assault.
Please note: The Victim Service Center provides significant protection of communications between a client and VSC staff. Clients are able to confide in VSC Victim Advocates, Therapists, and all VSC staff members, knowing that communication is confidential and will not be disclosed publicly unless they consent to such disclosure. For further information, please contact VSC directly.
The Victim Service Center does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, religion, sex, disability, and age in the delivery of services.