If you want to get more involved with the Victim Service Center the first step should be to join us for our VSC Lunch & Learn. The Lunch & Learn is held the second Wednesday of every month from noon -1 p.m with an evening session once a quarter. This will give you a great overview of all of our organizations programs and the many ways you can be involved.
May 8, 2019
May 14, 2019 ** Dinner & Learn 6-7pm
June 12, 2019
July 10, 2019
August 14, 2019
September 11, 2019
October 9, 2019
November 13, 2019
December 11, 2019
Lunch and Beverages are provided and space is very limited. You will receive a confirmation email in the week leading up to your scheduled Lunch & Learn. If your plans have changed please let us know so that we can open your seat up to another individual. If you have any questions, please email us!
- Lunch & Learn on the road – if your organization is large enough and you feel everyone would benefit from attending from our Lunch & Learn we will bring it to your organization.
- Prevention Education – We offer a variety of topics for all age groups, have us in to your school, nonprofit, church, social group and together we can prevent sexual violence.
- System Coordination – Are you a doctors office, emergency room, first responder? Have us come in and share with your team about what VSC offers and how you can connect the individuals you interact with everyday with the free and confidential services we provide the community.
- Survivor’s Testimony – VSC offers a speakers bureau of individuals who are survivors of violence who now work to help prevent it and spread awareness.
- Panel Interviews – VSC has a great number of staff members who are experts in their fields, reach out if you need someone for your conference or event and we will try to accommodate. As an organization we put a great emphasis on community outreach and speaking on violence prevention and connecting the community to care is very important to us.
April is Sexual Assault Awareness Month and we spend this time bringing attention to the prevalence of sexual violence in the Central Florida community and the needs of survivors.
Cheers to Change
On the first Friday of April, 400 of VSC’s closest friends and best supporters come out to raise awareness and support for our agency all while enjoying an evening full of entertainment, drinks and delicious food. After 5 years of this annual event we could not be more grateful for the strong support of the community at this event to help us continue the work we do for victims in our community. Plan to join us in April 2019 and consider having your company be a sponsor of the event and come prepared for the silent auction that was packed with exciting packages.
Denim Day is an international protest responding to the Italian Supreme Court’s overruling of a rape conviction in the 1990’s. Although the assailant had been found guilty at the trial, the Supreme Court argued that because jeans are difficult to remove, the assailant couldn’t have done so without the help of the victim. To honor victims of sexual assault on the last Wednesday in April Victim Service Center champions #DenimDay in Central Florida. We encourage local business, organizations, schools, and individuals to wear jeans. Learn more about how you can get involved in #DenimDay!
We do as many community outreach events as possible during Sexual Assault Awareness Month, including tabling, prevention education trainings, news interviews, attend city and county commission meetings to name a few.
Sexual Assault Awareness Conference
Every other year we host a conference on sexual assault awareness with our Sexual Assault Response Team partners in Osceola County that is free of charge and intended to help professionals helping victims in the community come together to discuss best practices and help advance our standards of care for helping victims become survivors.
Volunteering with the Victim Service Center of Central Florida provides an opportunity to become an active part of the movement to end violence. Last year VSC volunteers saved the organization $21,846 dollars by donating over 900 hours of volunteer time. Are you ready to give back to those in need? We invite you to join our team!