No one thinks they will be a victim of crime until it happens to them. When it does, the Victim Service Center wants to be the “go to” organization for providing services to those victims. VSC relies heavily on volunteers to be able to continue to provide the critical programs and services to the Orlando community.
Volunteer Opportunities in Orlando:
Direct Service– VSC offers a variety of volunteering opportunities that involve working with our clients and those we serve. Due to the nature of these opportunities, VSC requires extensive training for these positions.
Indirect Service– VSC is always looking for individuals to assist with special events, in an
administrative capacity, and help keep our agency looking its best through maintenance and upkeep. We have a variety of indirect service opportunities based on your interests.
Community & Corporate Groups– Come volunteer with your company, church group, or organization. We will work with you to match your teams interests with our top needs to make a big impact in our community!
The Victim Service Center believes that:
- All who share a commitment to our mission are welcome to join us in our work.
- Every member of the VSC team is valuable and all of our volunteers’ time, talents, and efforts are special gifts that are to be appreciated, respected, recognized and never taken for granted.
- The right role can be found for individuals with a heart and a desire to serve.
- The work of every volunteer is valued equally. All volunteers are treated with dignity and respect.
- VSC values volunteers by giving them meaningful work to do and the materials, tools, training, and supervision to complete their tasks safely and in a timely manner.
- All volunteers deserve frequent and accurate information about VSC activities and operations provided through regular, open, one-on-one communication with staff, through publications, and through conversations with volunteer leaders.
- Volunteers provide our organization with credibility, insight, perspective, diversity, and expertise that enlightens our operations, helps fulfill our mission, and engages the community in our activities.
To review our Volunteer Policies and Procedures, please click here.
For additional information, please contact:
Office: 407-254-9415; Fax: 407-228-1420
Thank you for supporting the Victim Service Center and those we serve!