Thank you for your interest in volunteering with VSC and your commitment to those we serve! We would not be able to do what we do without the time and effort of our volunteers.
Volunteering with the Victim Service Center of Central Florida provides an opportunity to become an active part of the movement to end violence. We believe that all who share a commitment to our mission are welcome to join us in our work and the right role can be found for individuals with a heart and desire to serve!
Every member of the VSC team is valuable and all of our volunteers’ time, talents, and efforts are special gifts that are to be appreciated, respected, recognized, and never taken for granted. Volunteers provide our organization with credibility, insight, perspective, diversity, and expertise that enlightens our operations, helps fulfill our mission, and engages the community in our activities.
Are you ready to give back to those in need? We invite you to join our team!
VSC Volunteers are required to:
- Be 18 years or older.
- Complete and pass a level 2 background screening, in which the volunteer is responsible for the $60 fee.
- Complete the 30 hour online Advocacy Core Training (ACT). Additional ongoing training is required with continued service.
- Provide a minimum of 10 hours of service per month (shift scheduling is flexible).
- If a former client of VSC, your case must have been closed for at least one year prior to volunteering.
Steps to becoming a volunteer
You’re on the right track! In order to volunteer with VSC, please:
- Complete the online Volunteer Application.
- The online application will take approximately 15-30 minutes to complete.
- Once completed, you will receive log in information to our Volunteer Portal, where you will schedule an in-office orientation with the Volunteer Coordinator.
- Attend an in-office orientation.
- During the 30 minute in-office orientation, you and the Volunteer Coordinator will go into detail about volunteer opportunities, VSC’s policies & procedures, information about the level 2 background screening and ACT training, review job descriptions, and answer any questions you may have.
- Complete & pass a level 2 background screening.
- Following the in-office orientation, we require a favorable level 2 background screening at your own cost of $60. *Volunteering with VSC is contingent on a favorable level 2 background screening.*
- Complete the 30 hour free online Advocacy Core Training (ACT).
- Upon completion of the background screening, you will be registered for the 30 hour online ACT training. This training is provided by Florida Council Against Sexual Violence and is required for all volunteers interacting with survivors of sexual violence. The ACT training may be completed at your own convenience.
The Victim Service Center of Central Florida does not discriminate in recruiting, hiring, assignment, training, promotion or termination of staff and volunteers, selection of members of the governing board, nor the provision of services based on race, color, religion, disability, pregnancy, national origin, sexual orientation, sex/gender, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, age, ethnicity, income, veteran status, marital status, or any other factor prohibited by federal, state or local laws, rules and regulations (collectively referred to as “Protected Status”).
This project was supported by Grant No. 2016-KF-AX-0045 awarded by the Office on Violence Against Women, U.S. Department of Justice. The opinions, findings, conclusions, and recommendations expressed in this publication/ program/exhibition are those of the author(s) and do not necessarily reflect the views of the Department of Justice, Office on Violence Against Women, the Department of Health, or the Florida Council Against Sexual Violence.